วันศุกร์, พฤศจิกายน 02, 2555

Ubuntu, 12.10, gnome-shell; Move window buttons back to the left side

HOWTO move the window buttons in gnome-shell to the left side


    I love the Ubuntu button on the left side but after install&setup the 12.10, they move the buttons back to the right.

   So, I searching/googling I use gnome-shell and the gconf method didnot work anymore I know I have to user dconf editor.

There's many many more, but use same command and it did not work on my machine.

Just excute this command in a terminal
$gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences button-layout close,maximiez,minimize:

Or use dconf editor; Well, install the dconf editor.
$sudo apt-get install dconf-tools

Open it go to/navigate to org/gnome/desktop/wm/preferences, change the value of button-layout to :minimize,maximize,close

If you're like mine it will not work! buttons still there, on the right did not moved :(

Here's how
navigate to this instead: org/gnome/shell/overrides/ change the value of button-layout to :minimize,maximize,close 

button are now on the left side

Gotcha! I'm a happy man now :) Have a good day!